Welcome to budget-travels-tips.com
create account login
AT - Long Trail - Grout Ponds
Start at Grout Ponds, which allow hiking, canoeing,camping and it has an Outhouse.
1. from Grout Ponds hike 1.2 miles on dirt road to the AT/LT trailhead.
2. from trailhead follow AT/LT trail to the top of Stratton Mountain (3.4 miles). from the top of Stratton you can hike over to Stratton ski resort and take the Gondola down to the base and backup (side trip). There is also a fire tower giving you a gorgeous view of stratton.
3. from top of Stratton take AT/LT trail 3.2 mile down to Stratton ponds. Camping, shelters, and outhouse are available. There is a $5 per nite per person fee. This is also a secluded area, nearest dirt road is 3 mile hike in.
4. from here you can hike to Bourn pond using Lye Brook trail, 1.5 mile.
5. from Bourn pond, use the Branch pond trail to Branch Pond. Branch ponds is wildlife viewing area. (2 mile)
6. from Branch pond use the Branch pond trail (2 mile) to Kelly Stand rd. This dirt road will lead you back to Grout Ponds another 3 mile.
This loop is perfect for weekend with either one or two nites stay.
Directions to Hike
About Our ReviewsMany people ask us to recommend a place to go hiking. Instead of us deciding what places are best, we let the backpacking community help out. The reviews on budget-travels-tips.com have been submitted by our viewers. Some reviews are positive and some are negative. If you don't agree with a review, feel free to submit your own trail review.
Ready to Buy Gear?
Great Outdoor Sites